1. Surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint, wax, grease, polish, dirt, or other foreign matter.
2. Sand to obtain a smooth uniform surface. Remove all dust.
3. If desired, apply Minwax stain to unfinished wood surfaces. Follow directions for application and dry times.
4. Shake Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane vigorously for two minutes. Shake for 10 seconds occasionally during use.
5. Protect adjacent areas from overspray. Wet overspray can be removed with mineral spirits.
6. Hold can vertically 12 inches from the surface. Depress the button fully and spray using an even, sweeping motion with slightly overlapping strokes. On unfinished wood, apply sufficient material to seal open joints, edges, and end-grain.
7. Apply a THIN coat to avoid runs and sags. Recoat within 2 hours. If unable to do so, wait a minimum of 72 hours, then lightly sand and recoat.
8. Apply at least three coats on unfinished wood and two coats on surfaces already finished.
9. After the final coat, allow 24 hours before normal use.
- PROTECT WOOD SURFACES – Minwax Polyurethane Wood Finish Aerosol spray protects interior projects, including woodwork, furniture, floors, and cabinets. A clear topcoat is one of the most durable coatings for wood protection against scratches, spills & more.
- OIL-BASED DURABLE FINISH – Clear finish provides long-lasting protection and warm beauty to both finished and unfinished wood projects. The protective coating is ideal for woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets & floors, and is available in a variety of sheens.
- GLOSS SHEEN – Give your wood projects a sleek finish with this gloss clear varnish. It not only protects the natural beauty of the wood but offers a shiny, sleek sheen for a modern look.
- FAST DRYING – Get more done with this protective poly coating. It’s a fast-drying clear coat, which allows for quick recoats after 4-6 hours, letting you get projects done faster. Be sure to apply with a high-quality natural or foam brush.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST – Minwax is America’s leading brand of wood finishing and wood care projects. Since 1904, we have been inspiring consumers to Keep on Finishing. We offer consumers a complete line of products to meet every wood finishing need.
- Hardest of protective coatings
- Dries fast and offers long-lasting beauty on both finished and unfinished wood surfaces
- Long-lasting durable finish
- Easy to apply, easy-care